Light and Electrical Engineering for Local Governments
The Union of Rural Communes of the Republic of Poland, together with Association of Polish Counties, are organizing a meeting of representatives of Local Government Units “LIGHT and ELECTRICITY for Local Governments” at the trade show. It will be focused to energy management in the field of renewable energy, lighting and electromobility in cities and communes, and in this context, to ways of reducing the costs of electricity spent on the commune’s own purposes.
The meeting will bring together representatives of Local Government Units, including mayors and commune heads from all over Poland. At the request of the organizers of this meeting, one of the most important topics to be discussed will be the use of small wind farms by Local Government Units.
The meeting of representatives of Local Government Units will be dedicated to energy management in the field of lighting, renewable energy and electromobility in cities and communes. The event will be an integral part of the Public Spaces Illumination Zone.
- Providing a compendium of knowledge about modern solutions along with specific tips on the possibilities and scope of the application and the analysis of specific examples of the implementation.
- Providing the necessary information to carry out a rational and justified modernization of the existing street and road lighting, aimed at better quality and savings on investment and operation costs, and to undertake activities in the field of new investments.
- Showing the possibility of achieving significant electricity savings and the possibility of rationalizing its consumption.
- Presentation of solutions that result in a measurable improvement in air quality
- outdoor lighting and lighting in public spaces
- indoor lighting for facilities managed by local government units
- improving energy efficiency and air quality through the use of renewable energy sources
- the use of IoT in urban agglomerations and urbanized rural areas, including solutions not only in the field of energy-efficient LED lighting management, but also parking space management, waste collection, metering of electricity and water consumption, collection data on air pollution, traffic intensity, etc.,
- the use of electric vehicles along with the construction and operation of stations and charging points
The meeting will consist of the plenary part, the training part in working groups and the award gala in the competition for the Best Illuminated Commune and City in 2022 and the Best Lighting Investment of 2022. During the plenary meeting, the topics will be led by representatives of the Union of Rural Communes and the Union of Polish Cities.
The training meeting and the plenary meeting will be substantive in nature.
The meeting will end with the award ceremony in the competition for the Best Illuminated Commune and City of 2022 and the Best Lighting Investment of 2022.